DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF HEALTH MALAYSIA
ELECTION FOR VACANCIES IN THE MALAYSIAN MEDICAL COUNCIL
- As previously announced by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) on 9th January 2016, there will be vacancies for nine council members representing West Malaysia by August 2016. As provided under Section 3(1)(d) of the Medical Act 1971, and the Medical Regulation 1974, an election is required to be held for registered medical practitioners to elect nine new council members from among medical practitioners residing in West Malaysia.
- For the said election, a total of 40 fully registered Medical Practitioners who are Malaysian citizens, possessing an Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) for 2015 or 2016, and residing and stating their principal address of practice in West Malaysia have been nominated and accepted to stand for this election.
- The envelopes containing ballot papers and relevant instructions for the election are being posted to all registered medical practitioners who are Malaysian citizens, residing and stating their principal address of practice in West Malaysia, and in possession of a current APC either for 2015 or as per 29th February 2016.
- All registered medical practitioners as mentioned above are advised to check their ballot papers at their principal address of practice and to vote wisely. All qualified registered medical practitioners are allowed to elect at least one candidate and a maximum of nine candidates only.
- All ballot papers, as advised in the election guideline, should reach the MMC President either by hand or post no later than 4.00pm on 17th June 2016 at the following address:
Malaysian Medical Council,
Ground Floor, Block B,
Ministry of Health Malaysia, Jalan Cenderasari,
50590 Kuala Lumpur
DATUK DR. NOOR HISHAM ABDULLAH
Director-General of Health Malaysia, and
President, Malaysian Medical Council
3rd May 2016